Comprehensive | Collaborative | Sustainable
Village Partnership Programs
Providing Local Health Care
Providing affordable, village-based health services with a focus on prevention and health education, primarily for women and young children.
- Training and resources for auxiliary Village Nurse-Midwives in each community
- Training and resources for Village Health Educators to support young mothers
- Free dental care for children and adults
- Access to prenatal vitamins, contraception, and immunizations
Expanding Economic Opportunities
Offering families, and especially women, financial security and independence.
- Community Banks for affordable borrowing
- Village Development Funds pay for new and existing programs, and are sustainably financed by the interest from loans
- Agricultural projects that increase household incomes and preserve the environment (Pig Farms and the Coffee Project)
Equal participation and leadership by women are essential for healthy communities and the achievement of sustainable development.
- Home Gardening: Sustainable agriculture; entrepreneurial edcuation; regular income; financial independence.
- Investment Group: Small business practice; problem-solving skill development; hands-on management administration; improved self-confidence.
- Health: Village Nurse Midwife; maternal health; infant and child wellness; health education.